Send Money to Friends and Family
Popmoney® is an innovative personal payment service that eliminates the hassles of checks and cash. Popmoney® allows you to send and receive money as easily as you send and receive email and text messages. Best of all, you don’t need a separate account. Just use your current U.S. checking or savings account. For a more detailed look, please view our printer friendly MOBILE BANKING SERVICES BROCHURE
With Popmoney, you can send and receive money using your online banking site. It’s just that easy!
Send money from your checking or savings account.
Popmoney® is an innovative personal payment service that eliminates the hassles of checks and cash. Now, sending and receiving money is as easy as emailing and texting.
What It Is
The Popmoney® personal payment service lets you send money to friends, family or almost anyone. All you need is their name and email address or mobile telephone number to move money from your bank account to theirs.
How It Works
Popmoney® allows you to send and receive money from Online Banking and Mobile Banking. You can send money to your contacts, who will be notified by email or text message that you wish to send money to them. You and your contacts will never need to exchange financial account information.
What You Can Use It For
Popmoney® is easy and convenient for you and the people you send money to. Users can receive money in their eligible account online at their bank (if it’s a member of the Popmoney® network), or at Popmoney.com, saving them a trip to the bank.
Use Popmoney® to:
- Send money to your child at college
- Send a gift to family and friends
- Pay back friends for a fun outing
- Pay your babysitter or lawn care service
- Pay rent to your landlord or roommates
It’s easy to get started:
Already enrolled in Online Bill Pay?
It’s just as easy to use Popmoney®.
- Login to Online Banking
- Click the “Bill Pay” tab
- Click the “Popmoney®” tab
Once you are signed up through Online Banking, you can even send money through your mobile device with Regent Bank’s Mobile Banking App and Mobile Web!
It’s that simple!
Not signed up for Online Bill Pay?
- Simply click the “Bill Pay” tab in Online Banking
Not signed up for Online Banking?
How it Works
- To send money, log in to your account by accessing your Regent Bank online banking site and look for Popmoney®.
- Send money using the recipient’s name and email address, mobile number or checking/savings account information. You can even make it special by using one of our eGreetings.
- You will be notified when the transaction is completed.
- If your recipient’s financial institution is part of the Popmoney® network, they can complete the transaction from their own financial institution’s online banking site. If not, they can go to Popmoney.com to pick up the funds and direct the funds to their bank account.
- You will receive an email or text message telling you someone sent you money.
- Log in to your financial institution’s online banking site and direct the funds to your bank account.
- Money sent to a specified bank account will be automatically deposited there.
How will the recipient know I sent money using Popmoney®?
The recipient will receive a payment notification either by email or a text message depending on how you chose to send the money.
Email address: The recipient will receive an email with instructions on how to direct the payment into their checking or savings account.
Mobile number: The recipient will receive a text message with instructions on how to direct the payment into their checking or savings account. If the recipient doesn’t act in 3 days, they will receive a text message reminder to act on the payment notification. Message and Data charges from your telecommunications provider may apply.
Bank account information (routing and account number): The money will be deposited into the recipient’s bank account. You may choose to notify the recipient by sending an email message.
When will the funds be available in the recipient’s account?
Funds may be available in the recipient’s checking or savings account as early as one business day from the date they accept the funds. The recipient will receive a confirmation email with the date the funds will be in their account.
What type of accounts can I use to send the payment to?
Payment can be directed to a checking, savings, or money market account held at a U.S. financial institution.
Do payments expire?
Yes. The recipient has 10 days from the date of the payment notification to provide checking or savings account information. After 10 days, if the funds have not been accepted, the payment expires and the funds are returned to the sender.
Is the Popmoney® service secure?
Yes. Popmoney® was created with your financial security in mind. Popmoney® is built on the industry’s leading online money movement platform and utilizes superior risk management and fraud protection services. This is the same online money movement platform used by thousands of financial institutions, including many of the nation’s top banks.
Terms, Conditions and Fees apply.